Veröffentlichungsdatum: 01/12/2023Company description
The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at affordable prices . We are part of IKEA Al-Homaizi Limited, operating in three countries - Kuwait, Jordan, and MOROCCO.
Our keywords are Home, People, Happiness, Development, Leadership, Inclusion & Diversity, All with Passion!
Join us to bridge your dreams and unique ideas within an organization that believes in People !
• I ensure our guests are always in focus and strive to make them smile. I meet and serve our guests showing empathy and care. I am willing to listen and support them with an attitude based on the IKEA values.
• I lead by example and am a good ambassador for the IKEA store in all contact with our guests, and I give them a good reason to return again and again.
• I always look at our store through the eyes of our customers. I have a daily dialogue with our guests to get continuous feedback about their experiences and to learn more about their needs and wants. I then take action based on their input.
• I empower and encourage my team to take immediate action to meet the needs of guests and give input on how to continuously improve our meeting with them.
• I know about the services offered in my store and use this knowledge to help guests. I ensure my team does the same.
• I ensure our guests have a great shopping experience at all times throughout the day.
• Together with my colleagues and manager I contribute actively in the development and implementation of a clear IKEA Food action plan for my store using the store business plan and country business plan. These are supported by input from Growing IKEA together and the IKEA Food Direction & Strategy. I also develop and execute an annual action plan for my area based on agreed goals.
• I actively implement the range matrix (global and national) by securing quality and availability. • I serve high-volume dishes that suit the taste of the many people on my local market. • I secure that we prepare all food in line with the product sheet and secure the quality served at all times.
• I actively use the product sheets to train co-workers. I also ensure all co-workers taste and learn about new products before they are launched.
• I secure an irresistible food offer by ensuring we give customers an appealing range presentation. • I am passionate about my products and actively learn about their content, origins, preparation and other benefits. I share this knowledge with my guests and colleagues.
• I ensure that my team and I know our top-selling products, 3 Aces and 1 King, and that they are available and clearly communicated and displayed at all times. We promote alternative products when these are unavailable.
• I utilise everyday commercial opportunities to grow sales and profitability according to the goals in my area. I work with the Functional Commercial Review and other appropriate tools to do so. • During unexpectedly quiet times I initiate commercial activities that attract store visitors and increase the take-up rate, or take other actions to secure productivity.
• I co-operate with the Commercial Restaurant Manager to enhance Swedishness and the link between the IKEA Restaurant & Café and the Swedish Food Market when appropriate.
• I have relevant knowledge of the competition on my market. I use this information to initiate immediate action as needed, e.g. secure a substantial price distance.
• I create awareness of IKEA Food as the most important in-store marketing tool for maximising the IKEA store’s sales potential. People • I am a passionate leader who can bring business and people together. I am inspired by the IKEA core leadership capabilities and strive to continuously develop as a leader.
• In co-operation with the Human Resources (HR) department I recruit my team based on the IKEA values. • I am committed to the development of my team. I secure their training to ensure all co-workers understand the IKEA Concept and other key guidelines, and how they have an impact on their specific roles. • I empower, support and coach my co-workers on the job to help them perform better and grow.
• I actively develop successors to ensure I meet the succession needs of the IKEA store.
• I work actively to create an environment where the IKEA culture is a strong and living reality, and diversity is valued, to ensure the IKEA store is regarded as a great place to work.
• I ensure we have a simple and straightforward internal communication and information flow, and secure that key information is understood by all IKEA Food co-workers.
Steering the business
• I work actively to make the IKEA store successful and high performing, today and tomorrow. I do this by attracting visitors, achieving sales growth and reasonable profitability, ensuring the satisfaction of guests and co-workers, and excellent operational performance as measured through our defined Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
• I utilise relevant reporting tools, such as profit and loss, StorePoint, the Functional Commercial Review, IKEA Customer Satisfaction Survey and VOICE, to develop the IKEA business, myself and my team.
• I challenge costs by working in a lean, simple and cost-conscious way using and sharing good examples and encouraging my team and colleagues to discover smarter ways of working.
• I ensure the implementation and follow-up of the ASR rules and guidelines.
• I ensure that the operations of all IKEA Food areas in the IKEA Store operate in accordance with IKEA Quality and Food Safety requirements and other relevant legislation (list relevant legislations applicable by country). I promote a “safety first” culture where co-workers are encouraged to raise and discuss concerns and solutions. I also co-operate with external service providers and authorities when needed.
• I adjust and implement the IKEA HACCP plan to secure my store’s requirements. I also ensure the HACCP routines are known and followed in the daily work.
• I ensure that all food incidents, or potential incidents, are reported through CASY.
• I act in accordance with the IKEA Sustainability Direction and work with my team to take actions that contribute to sustainability, such as waste management. • I ensure that the IKEA co-worker restaurant food range is appealing, nutritious and based on our guests’ needs and wants. I make use of the synergies created between the co-worker and customer restaurant.
• I strive towards accurate sales forecasts for my area to enable proper supply planning, ordering, efficient goods handling and stock control. • I ensure daily work routines are in place, e.g. goods flow, stock control, purchasing, ordering, production and waste management.
• I secure optimal productivity by ensuring a staff planning process aiming for the right number of competent co-workers, at the right times, in the right places to meet guests’ needs.
• I ensure efficiency and guest in focus in the serving line by setting up the serving line with flexibility based on peak and non-peak periods, in conjunction with the Commercial direction. I ensure the proper production levels in order to ensure freshness, maximise sales and minimise waste.
• I also work proactively to avoid bottlenecks and constantly improve guest satisfaction. I also ensure the appropriate speed of service in the serving line by following IKEA Food routines, such as walk-the-plate and mechanical sales techniques.
• I ensure the efficient maintenance of the area, securing it is clean, organised, attractive and inviting to provide a positive guest experience. • I ensure we have proper product sheets and cost calculations (StorePoint database).
• I take an active role in the IKEA Food management team and work cross-functionally utilising the competence of my colleagues in other parts of the store as well as other IKEA stores in my country. I encourage my co-workers to do the same.
• I develop and share good ideas and implement best-practice solutions. • I use the full potential of the IKEA Concept, tools, manuals, guidelines and other best practices.
• A person that has the potential becoming a Store Department Head, e.g. IKEA Food Manager, In-store Logistics Manager, Store Business Navigation & Operations Manager, alternatively becoming Commercial Restaurant Manager or taking another next step.
• A passionate leader inspired by the IKEA core leadership capabilities who strives to continuously develop as a leader.
• Decision-making and problem-solving abilities with the drive to make things happen.
• Tactical thinker. • Understand KPIs and how to affect their results through departmental actions. • Ability to organise, plan and prioritise.
• Takes responsibility and can delegate when necessary. • Communicates well with others and is able to influence and co-operate with different functions.
• Ability to see how IKEA Food contributes to increasing the overall performance of an IKEA store.
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV (English version) to further boost your visibility.