Description de poste
Numéro de l'offre: REF16268D
Date de publication: 18/12/2023Company description
Raw Material Area
Our journey towards responsible raw material sourcing is not new. With the newly established Raw Material Area we now have one leadership to drive the overall IKEA raw material strategy, we have integrated scope for responsible sourcing of raw materials and regional teams working on the deployment agenda across the business.
In the Raw Material Area, we are responsible to:
- Lead the Raw Material agenda.
- Monitoring the raw material market in the context of IKEA, identify opportunities and risks developing IKEAs strategic direction for our main materials.
- Secure implementation of requirements and working methods, lead compliance verification when raw material industry competence is required.
- Own strategic messaging on raw material.
- Advocacy, ensuring a collaborative, transparent and fact-based dialogue to support industry transformation and policy decision.
- Understanding the raw material value chains, contribute to exploring new and better sourcing options.
- Developing traceability systems.
- Secure 20 % of wood raw materials needs by own investments.
- Contribute with land-use competence in IKEA´s overall climate agenda.
We are now looking for a Raw Material Leader for Recycling value chains who will be part of our team.
In this assignment you will together with various stakeholders co-create a strategic sourcing agenda for recycling value chains and lead it for the totality of IKEA businesses using own expertise, facts, and science to translate the agenda into an action plan that secures everyday accessibility of recycled materials , mainly wood, in IKEA´s supply chain.
Specifically you will deliver to IKEA´s strategic sourcing direction for raw materials:
- Proposing actions to improve conditions at raw material source and downstream, at different material processing steps.
- Assessing IKEA investment opportunities (capital/dedicating internal resources) into the material industry value chain.
- Supporting and follow-up implementation of raw material sourcing plans and developing roadmaps to scale-up new business models and new set-ups.
- Secure an increased accessibility of feedstocks by contributing to the development of material requirements with a specific focus on secondary raw material feedstocks.
- Secure knowledge transfer within area of expertise within raw material organization and to relevant stakeholders.
You will also work with advocacy, ensuring a collaborative, transparent and fact-based dialogue to support industry transformation and policy decision.
We are looking for you who is a self-starter passion for collaborating and making things happen through involving and engaging people, creating real impact. You can adapt your leadership and communication approach when needed to maximize the value creation and you have strong stakeholder management capabilities. You are committed to high standards in everything you do, and act and lead with sense of urgency. You have excellent communication skills and strong ability to build strong relationships and to influence and challenge in a constructive way. You preferably have a background as Business Development Mgr., Engineering Mgr., Recycling Manager, Waste Manager, Operation Manager or equivalent from the recycling industry.
To succeed in these roles, you have:
- Deep knowledge of Recycled Materials or Waste Management.
- Deep knowledge of the recycled material supply chain and industry
- Good knowledge of different industrial set-ups
- Strong capability to create, develop and anchor business cases.
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
- Strong capability to facilitate learning.
This role has Warsaw, Poland as preferred location. We are waiting for your applications until 1st of March
Please note that we will be interviewing continuously, which means that we may close the application process earlier than stated, if we find the right candidate.