Description de poste
Numéro de l'offre: REF59X
Date de publication: 29/11/2023Company description
We support the markets in driving growth through commercial & operational plans focusing on excellent customer experience and attractive and affordable offers appealing to the many people.
We attract more visitors to the stores, by offering world-class customer experience, delicious and affordable products highlighting our Swedish heritage, making it a fun day out for our guess.
The Construction Specialist is responsible for all aspects of the construction of IKEA projects, from start to finish. The Construction Specialist will provide technical and cost input to IKEA internal partners during the projects’ development/conceptual design phase. Other responsibilities include the permitting coordination, and physical and cost aspects of the detailed design and construction phases of all projects. The Construction Specialist will support the project team during the design, planning, tender, execution, and procurement phases of the project.
Business Development & Expansion is dedicated to supporting the organization’s expansion ambition and creating a better everyday life for the many people.
Your tasks will include:
- Preparing, scheduling, coordinating, and monitoring the assigned expansion construction projects.
- Provide technical support to construction projects and follow up the execution from initiation to completion. This includes design, tendering, supervision, technical procurement, handover, and project closure.
- Manage site inspections with the consultant to supervise the construction activities, assist in conducting quality checks ensure that all construction activities meet contractual conditions of performance, IKEA’s standards, and design requirements.
- Review the work progress on a regular basis and prepare progress and cost reports with accurate information to decision-makers
- Oversee all onsite and offsite constructions to ensure compliance with local health and safety regulations and IKEA’s safety policies.
- Secure quality assurance and control processes. Ensure quality construction standards and the use of proper construction techniques
- Manage shop drawings, method statements, and material submissions of the contractors, and follow and finalize the process with the consultant.
- Maintain relations with internal and external parties involved in construction projects
- Secure an environment where the IKEA culture is a strong and living reality
- Report any deviations from project specifications and work with the team to resolve them.
- Adhere to and promote safety standards and protocols on project sites.
Knowledge, skills, and experience:
- Degree in architecture, civil engineering, or related fields
- Professional technical experience, min 5 years of working on construction projects, preferably in the fit-out phase including MEP works.
- Experience in medium to large-scale projects that are managed by consultants and project management professionals.
- Advanced knowledge of construction software packages, such as MS Project, AutoCAD, REVIT, etc.
- Basic knowledge of construction principles, techniques, and materials.
- Fit-out and retail project experience
- An eye for detail
- Integrity and the ability to establish strong work relationships
- Good analytical skills and cost-consciousness
- Excellent planning, organizational, and coordination skills
- Experience in technical problem identification, problem-solving, and conflict resolution.
- Excellent English spoken and written communication, and time management skills
- Strong identification with the IKEA culture and values
- High interest in home furnishings, people´s life at home, and the IKEA range
- Passion for delivering to the IKEA business through expansion projects
- Hunger to develop IKEA, the project members, and to grow personally.
- Drive to exceed results within a given framework
- Develop the Business and Deliver results
- Lead and develop people
- Inspire and clarify
- Create togetherness
- Find better ways
- Enable change