Description de poste
Numéro de l'offre: REF4644S
Date de publication: 05/02/2024Company description
The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. We operate in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand – and have an ambitious expansion plan to bring a little bit of Sweden to new markets in the region. We are part of the Ikano Group of companies and the only IKEA franchisee owned by the Kamprad family that founded IKEA.
We also develop, own and operate Shopping Centres that are anchored by IKEA and create walkable communities by including residential, office and other types of real estate in our development plans.
We work towards making sustainability a natural part of our everyday work. We are active in our communities, driving and supporting social initiatives that benefit children, women and the environment.
An exciting opportunity for you to gain experience in working with the biggest home furnishing retailer in the world.
- You will be working in IKEA Food and Beverage function primarily and supporting various functions including but not limited to Customer Relations, Sales, Communication and Interior Design and other department deemed necessary to optimize the IKEA shopping experience.
- You will learn and contribute to fulfill the below tasks of the IKEA store:
- To act as highly efficient and staffed sales mechanism
- To show home furnishing solutions full of inspiring home furnishing ideas
- To serve as a well-qualified home furnishing specialist
- To provide a day out for the whole family.
- You are ready to perform and/or participate in additional assignment / activities, which help you build a strong network within the Company and fellow colleagues.
- Opened to local students studying culinary in Malaysia
- Willingness to learn more about home furnishing and explore retail industry and explore on food and beverages
- Want to know what is it to work with a Swedish organizational culture & values
- Strong desire to learn along with professional drive
- Energetic and eager to tackle new projects and ideas. Good knowledge in Microsoft Office e.g Excel, Word, Powerpoint
- Able to work on public holiday, weekend and shift hours
Letter of internship from your academy and your resume is required for this application.
You are invited to this Life at Home journey with IKEA. Click here to begin Life at Home Journey with IKEA. Your job application will be prioritized when you complete the life at Home Journey with IKEA.