Descripción del trabajo
ID de la oferta: 217952
Fecha de publicación: 14/11/2023Our team within IKEA
At IKEA, our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We believe that everything we do comes with the responsibility to create a positive impact on people, society and the planet. We are passionate about home furnishing, creating a positive life at home and sharing our tasty responsibly sourced food with the many people across the world.
We are guided by our cultures & values, creating a great place to work.
We stand for equality, diversity and inclusion.
We care about people & planet and promote health & wellbeing.
We nurture your development and provide career opportunities to unlock your potential.
What you need to know
Working at IKEA has its benefits and rewards:
• Leave entitlements – 5 weeks Paid Annual, Paid Parental, Family & Community and much more
• 24/7 access to our Employee Assistance Program for health and wellbeing support
• 15% Co-worker discount
• Low-cost nutritious meals including complimentary drinks in our Co-worker restaurant
• Co-worker uniform provided
• Free Co-worker parking
• Digital Entertainment membership (thousands of discounts for dining, fun activities, shopping and travel across Australia & New Zealand)
• Bonus programme (where eligible)
• Co-worker Loyalty programme (extra contribution to your superannuation fund where eligible)
• This role is Permanent, Full-time, 76hrs/fortnight.
• Applications close Tuesday 28 November 2023.
• As our store operates 7 days per week, you must have the availability to work a rotating roster with a mix of day and evening shifts. You also have the availability to work alternating weekend shifts (both Saturday and Sunday).
• As part of the recruitment process this role requires a pre-employment check for final candidates, this includes a National Police Check.
• If you are successful for this role, you will be required to obtain a security license.
About this work area
As Safety & Security Specialist your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Protecting IKEA co-workers, customers and assets from preventable loss, injury, or illness within the store in order to support the IKEA objectives.
• Ability to respond responsibly in emergency and critical situations and ensure that decisive action is taken to ensure safety of all IKEA co-workers, customers, and visitors.
• Being a valued business partner who drives for sustainable solutions and improves the profit of the store without jeopardising the desired level of IKEA safety and security.
• Conduct safety-related training for internal and external co-workers and contractors.
• Proactively assessing and manage risks, and influence management and co-workers within the store to establish an IKEA culture that is risk aware through a risk-based approach.
• Ensuring compliance with the IKEA Group Risk Manual, IKEA rules and guidelines, and national and local legal requirements.
As a Safety & Security Specialist you are/or you have :
• Passionate about the IKEA Culture & Values and enjoying the opportunity to promote a safety-first culture in our store.
• Passionate about Safety & Security, driving this message within the store and maintaining a consistent positive customer experience.
• Experienced with advising and influencing key stakeholders.
• Exceptional verbal communication skills, being able to remain calm and clear even during emergencies and stressful situations.
• Driven to thrive in a multi-faceted, fast paced environment where you are relentless about delivering the best outcomes for co-worker, customer, and business.
• Current valid security license & first aid certificate, or a willingness and ability to obtain these licenses.
We need people like you!
At IKEA, work is so much more than a job. Come join us!