Descripción del trabajo
ID de la oferta: REF16028G
Fecha de publicación: 01/12/2023Company description
“The word impossible has been deleted from our dictionary and must remain so” -- Ingvar Kamprad
In New Business & Innovation Deployment, we are entrepreneurs to make things happen!
The role of New Business & Innovation Deployment (NB & ID) team is to identify and develop new business and market opportunities in existing and new purchasing markets with quantified benefits contributing to three roads forward. Always sponsored by IKEA of Sweden or IKEA Supply AG. We invest in NB & ID teams to have local presence and be in the regions where we want to develop new business opportunities and where categories have no or limited presence.
NB & ID has four main capabilities:
- Identify and develop new business opportunities.
- Identify, start up and develop new partners.
- NEW TO IKEA. Innovate, test and verify in reality.
- Develop new business based on people, society and planet positive initiatives.
Purpose of Job: Drive and execute New Business projects to identify and materialize new business opportunities, leading relevant project team and cooperate with stakeholders.
- Explore and analyze markets and industries, market trends and based on that identify business opportunities to create business cases, and then engage business owner, seek and gain mandate to “test and try”.
- Manage and deliver portfolio of sourcing projects as identification and startup of new suppliers, new sub suppliers, new sourcing regions, social entrepreneurs, exploring sustainability opportunities etc. based on given assignments from relevant New Business stakeholders.
- Manage and deliver portfolio of deployment projects in the scope of market specific range, new product innovations, and new business models and other business opportunities including logistics.
- Lead assigned projects in line with Project Management Competence Profile by formulating project scope, requirements and goals, involving & engaging relevant competence form inside and outside of IKEA to deliver results towards defined objectives.
- Establish professional long-term relationship with new suppliers and business partners and lead them through IKEA way of doing business.
- Secure compliance with IKEA Purchasing Manual and other agreed working methods.
- In case of a need act as Business Developer for suppliers which are not handed over to CAT on time.
- Be an IKEA ambassador of IKEA values and do business with Fact-based Business Leadership.
- Ability to lead in unknown, test and try and step out of the comfort zone.
- Capability to lead business with a holistic view, identify and develop business opportunities and deliver results; always acting with Customer, Supplier, Total IKEA and Total Cost Development in mind.
- Capability to facilitate, challenge and balance the interests of multiple stakeholders and creating a common view, leading with communication.
- Strategic, analytical, and problem-solving capabilities to make meaningful business insights, define risks and recommendations with fact-based approach, both in day-to-day management and in making decisions. Together with ability to “think outside the box”.
- Capability to learn easily and quickly accommodate to different business contexts
- Capability to motivate, manage change and deliver result by creating involvement, engagement and sense of urgency in the project team.
- Both Chinese and English communication is must.
This position will be based in Shanghai or Shenzhen. Travelling is a part of the assignment since we work closely with our suppliers. Please note that the selection process will take place continuously, which means that we may close the application process earlier than stated if we find the right candidates. So don’t delay, please send us your application in English as soon as possible.
If you have questions about the position, If you have questions about the recruitment process, please contact People & Culture Olivia Wang at email@example.com.