Descripción del trabajo
ID de la oferta: 218914
Fecha de publicación: 21/11/2023What you'll need to have
• University degree (Logistics, Economics, Business Administration or related)
• 1-2 years’ experience in the area of logistics operations with a focus on continuous improvement /lean projects
• Proven analytical and numeric skills and ability to identify required actions
• Retail/Manufacturing/ supply chain/customer service experience /interest
• Confident and clear communication on English both written and verbal. Ability to transform data into actions
• Excellent computer skills and high proficiency on Microsoft Office
• Experience in problem solving and improving ways of working
What you'll be doing day to day
• Responsible for continuous improvement excellence in operations, quality and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) under the scope of Central Fulfilment in the market to exceed customer expectations.
• Responsible to lead and/or co-lead improvement and innovation projects securing the respect of timeline, costs and quality of deliverables.
• Responsible for a high performing daily operation and an efficient fulfilment network connected to all Central Fulfilment unit types on the market through identifying and acting on improvement potentials in operational performance.
• Responsible for capturing and sharing of best practices, working on lean processes, creating synergies, monitoring relevant performance and by acting and initiating corrective actions in case of deviations.
• Responsible for securing and supporting the implementation of defined global working methods in all central fulfilment units on the market.
• Responsible for close cooperation with Central Fulfilment Unit counterparts to secure correct usage of short-, and mid-term capacity of the central fulfilment unit in order to maximize efficient logistics operations with the right balance in inbound and outbound volume as well as plan for future needs by considering space, equipment and people as part of the total supply chain capacity.
• Responsible for sharing knowledge with colleagues and business partners to support their competence development, particularly the understanding of the principles of effective and efficient fulfilment unit operations and health and safety in according to standard operating procedures.
• Responsible for the cooperation with key partners on the market while contributing with both knowledge and expertise to optimal operational and multichannel development, sourcing activities as well as to all matrices, global and market initiatives and competence networks.
• Responsible for the cooperation with the local fulfilment unit matrix to establish a common agenda and to utilise the total organisational competence to support local core projects and priorities.
There is always room for improvement, and in our team we make sure to constantly make every part of the IKEA value chain better. We’re a diverse bunch of people who love to get involved in a variety of projects, initiatives, touchpoints and processes to create long-term value and to make IKEA accessible to more of the many people.