Descripción del trabajo
ID de la oferta: REF15847R
Fecha de publicación: 01/12/2023Company description
Hej! Salaam! สวัสดี! Hi!
That’s how we say ‘Hello’ in our offices in Distribution Centre Port Klang. You don’t need to master all these languages, but we do believe you enjoy working in a multicultural environment. We are looking for a Service Provider Operations Developer with passion and experience for transportation and logistics.
If you are curious to grow the business and challenge yourself in very dynamic environment, this is an opportunity for you. We are looking for a Business Developer in Category Area Transport in Port Klang, who will be part of securing Transport capacities now and over time and developing the future of Transportation in Category Land. We aim to build long term relations with our Partners, able not only to move goods from point A to B, but also with your support and challenge, become strong advanced professionals that contribute to IKEA development agenda with Sustainability, High performance, Safety, Costs and Quality in mind.
With your entrepreneurship, courage and motivation to create a change, ability to capture and deploy scalable innovations we believe you can be part of delivering the best result for IKEA customers.
Your main tasks will include:
- Develop and maintain relationships with Transport Service providers, with purpose to secure their performance
- Professionally challenge and support Transport Service providers to constantly improve and increase overall competitiveness
- By networking, alternative drive-trains and fuels, better equipment, intermodal solution and other new smart solutions.
- Identify and act on business opportunities through business cases/projects, introduce new potential for Transport service providers and actively taking part in tenders and/or other procurement activities.
- Utilize the service providers Transport industry knowledge and guide them to achieve IKEA long term goals.
- Maintain extensive knowledge of relevant transport market conditions, keep up to date with industry trends, incl. innovative approaches and economical influences.
- Follow the development of legal/regulatory framework, negotiate and be responsible for signing contracts.
Your knowledge and experience include:
- Professional experience (at least 5 years) on strategic level with purchasing and business development within Transport
- Insight in transport industry, market conditions and macroeconomic trends and the impact on transport business
- Excellent communication & negotiation skills and the ability to build trustful relationships
- Good knowledge in building & evaluating fact-based business cases
- Ability to act as a Team player and to drive development
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
You get never bored at IKEA; every day has new challenges. You will be member of a team where sharing and learning together is a very important part of developing the business. When needed you are also able to work with limited guidance and lead yourself into the unknown. Finally, we hope that you share our values and have a great interest to join our mission to create a better life for the many people and will always act as IKEA ambassador.
Please apply online with your CV and letter of motivation in English, on October 6th, 2023 the latest.
We really want to get to know you, so make sure you tell us why you want to work for us and why you would be a good fit for this role.