Descripción del trabajo
ID de la oferta: 226099
Fecha de publicación: 29/01/2024Who you are
Sales from our international portfolio of wind and solar farms are growing fast and we want to sell more of the renewable electricity we generate to the companies that supply and retail home furnishing in the IKEA value chain. Are you ready for an exciting opportunity to contribute to the growth of Ingka Investments and secure its sustained profitability by focusing on the execution of the energy sales strategy?
If the answer is yes, you might just be the person we are looking for! Let’s have a look!
Your extensive knowledge of the processes and the operations needed to supply renewable electricity to wholesale markets and end consumers (supply license, offer creation, negotiation, electricity purchase, GOO management, transmission contracting, balancing, distribution and delivery) is precisely what we are looking for! Your current job title is not important…. Origination Leader; Portfolio Manager; PPA, Risk Management & Trading Analyst; Renewable Energy Negotiator … your knowledge is!
Additionally, you have the following:
• 10 years+ experience in a commercial role within renewable energy.
• Proven track record of knowledge of generation, wholesale power sales and/or operations in the energy sector.
• Knowledge of environmental certificates (like GoOs, RECs, IRECs etc.).
• Background with PPAs and offtake agreements is an advantage.
• Ability to read complex contracts and assess their suitability.
• A university degree in relevant studies.
• Fluent English communication skills.
• Understanding of cultural differences.
• Solid networking skills with the aptitude to build strong relationships both within and outside of the organization.
• Outstanding communication skills with the ability to influence and make decisions.
You get energized by contributing to overall success and results through collaboration and get inspired by working together in an ever-changing complex, multi-dimensional, multicultural, and multinational environment.
And, of course, you share and live the IKEA culture and values! You can read more about our values on our website.
Ingka Investments is active in renewable energy, forest land, circularity, business development and financial markets and is managing the Ingka Groups’ liquidity. Entering a critical decade for climate action, Ingka Investments is accelerating its investments in renewable energy in the coming years to support the transition towards a renewable energy future and 100% renewable energy consumption across our value chain which includes: materials and food ingredients, production, product transport, retail centres & operations, customer travel & home deliveries, product use at home and product end of life.
The Group already owns 1.90 GW of wind and solar assets with utility-scale investments in 17 countries and will construct another 1 GW of renewable generation assets in the next three years. We already generate far more electricity than the Group consumes.
As Originator, on a day-to-day basis and for some of the 17 countries where we generate renewable electricity, you will:
• Lead the sales of wholesale electricity for some existing and new assets in our portfolio.
• Collaborate with Ingka Group partners/stakeholders to optimize revenue out of our wind and solar assets by improving availability of data, decreasing balancing costs and/or developing negative pricing strategies.
• Expand the sale of environmental certificates (like GoOs, RECs, IRECs etc.).
• Support the roll out of storage services and more.
• Support the roll out of retail sales to Industrial and Commercial and domestic customers (B2B and B2C), setting up Ingka as an electricity supplier and determining how to structure the product.
• Translate business needs to support the setup of a digital environment to improve the overall management of the portfolio by determining what data is useful to optimise the revenue of the projects.
• Create and maintain links with key trading and regulatory partners, consumers and external consultants to ensure the optimization of our renewable assets’ revenues.
• Support growth of the Renewable Energy Investment portfolio and support other Ingka Investments area/activities, when necessary, by bringing insight into local energy markets.
Within Ingka, this role is named Renewable Energy Portfolio Sales Leader. The position is permanent and is based in Leiden, The Netherlands. You will report to John Harris, Renewable Energy Portfolio Sales Manager.
Our team within Ikea
The sales team is a small part of the Renewable Energy Portfolio at Ingka Investments. We see ourselves as influencers – we need to help “get the money back” from our investments and at the same time build effective relationships with our customers and the service providers who help us implement our sales processes. Together we secure that every kWh of electricity and renewable electricity certificate generated can be delivered, that our consumers can participate in the energy transition, and we assure that our sales processes are efficient. We’re a diverse group of people driven by providing reliable electricity sales to a wide variety of stakeholders. At the end of the day, that’s one of the foundations to make Ingka Investments even better! Ingka Investments is accelerating Ingka Group’s business transformation for a more sustainable future.
Questions and support? Let's connect!
Studies show that members of underrepresented communities don’t apply for jobs unless they’re 100% “qualified”. If this is part of the reason you hesitate to apply, we would like you to reconsider and give it a chance. Maybe your profile fits our needs much better than you think. We look forward to receiving your application.
If you have any question about the position, please contact John Harris (email@example.com). Alternatively, you can contact Niloufar Börjesson Rasekh, (firstname.lastname@example.org), Recruiter.
Your application, written in English and consisting of a covering letter and CV, should be registered on-line. Please note online assessments will be part of the recruitment process. For the final candidate, a Pre-employment background check will be done.
We regret that we are unable to handle applications made by e-mail.
The direct link to the job portal:
Warmly welcome with your application!