Descripción del trabajo
ID de la oferta: REF4646X
Fecha de publicación: 19/10/2023Company description
IKEA is the world’s largest home furnishing retailer with 460 stores across more than 60 countries. IKEA Malaysia is part of Ikano Retail, one of 12 IKEA franchisees and the only one owned by the family of Ingvar Kamprad, who founded IKEA in 1943.
IKEA Malaysia creates a better everyday life by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low, that as many people as possible can afford them. Ikano Handel Sdn. Bhd. owns and operates four omnichannel stores in Malaysia, including IKEA Damansara, IKEA Cheras, IKEA Tebrau and IKEA Batu Kawan. To learn more, visit IKEA.my
You are strong contributor to the Store Management Team; you will create an environment where IKEA culture & values is a strong and living reality. An active contributor to the Country People Group, lead the Major Market Area (MMA) management team , lead the MMA HR team and be the HR subject matter expert in the MMA stores by providing advice and guiding leaders in people and HR legal matters. Responsible to process people operations matters and ensuring that the Country People Strategies are locally translated into action in the most effective and efficient to fulfill the purpose of the people function. An ambassador and lead by example of IKEA leadership in ways that express the IKEA values within and outside IKEA.
- Ensure the Country/MMA People Strategy, Ikano Retail principles/guidelines, and relevant business plans relate and come together in a local HR action plan that is operationally implemented and lived up to build IKEA's brand as the employer of choice in the northern region.
- Secure the succession process and plan by inspiring all managers to take the lead with a focus on talents and high-performing potential. Also, responsible to work with the Country to develop a Development Program to support successors’ development plans.
- Secure a local Recruitment Strategy; guided by the Country's direction and framework to ensure good talent pool availability for hiring that matches the store Primary Market Area (PMA) demographic.
- Fostering a conducive and productive environment for learning and development by securing a systematic approach following the IKEA learning staircase to build business competence and leadership capabilities to allow us to build the business and people, together.
- Ensure that remuneration practices in the store are competitive within the local market in the northern region and retail industry; which enables us to attract and retain the right people in our business.
- Create an atmosphere where knowledge sharing, internal promotion throughout Ikano Retail, and high commitment to Ikano Retail results as a whole (besides the country and MMA stores results) by securing that we can attract, develop, and retain talented co-workers.
- Ensure that the salary reviews processes are handled in a structured and professional way and staff costs are in line with targets and budgets and ensure uses of HR data to enable better management of all human resource-related processes, payroll accuracy and timely, timekeeping and attendance and staff planning work in a timely and efficient way.
- Ensure to follow national legislation, regulations, and valid agreements in the labor market.
- Maintain a trustful relationship with unions.
- You have at least 15 years of working experience in Human Resource Management or business partnering roles, preferably from the retail or manufacturing industry and is experience in a large and complex organization set-up.
- Passionate about the growth and development of people, you communicate, influence, and create an environment where the IKEA values are a strong and living reality that embraces a diversity of the workforce.
- You are business-minded and have experience in building the competence dimension as well as leading strategic people assignments; where you could contribute to building the business and people, together.
- Well-versed in the local laws and regulations, constantly keeping oneself up-to-date on the labor market trends and best practices.
Please apply by 31-Dec-2023.