Descripción del trabajo
ID de la oferta: REF16659A
Fecha de publicación: 01/12/2023Company description
Hej! We are IKEA!
One brand, a full value chain, and many, many people – that’s us in a nutshell.
Spread all over the world, we have a passion for home furnishing and an inspiring shared vision: to create a better everyday life for the many people.
At IKEA, we do things a little different. We think, differently. Act, differently. And work differently as well. We like to break things. Like rules. And then make things. Like music-playing lamps. And beds disguised as sofas. Even plant balls that help us look after our planet. It’s all part of our vision - to create a better everyday life for the many. By 2030, we hope to help millions more look forward to going home.
Want to help make this happen? Join our global Purchasing Development business! It is filled with curious and passionate people, that get energy from influencing, interacting, and working together to deliver great business results. Does it sound like your kind of people?
If so, come and develop the IKEA business together with us! We are now looking for a new Business Development Manager for Category Green Plants & Custom Made Work Tops based in King of Prussia, PA. You will also have People reporting to you in Mexico City.
Custom Made Worktops is a key part of the IKEA kitchen offer. The category is responsible for IKEA made-to-measure kitchen countertops in many different materials, such as Laminate, Wood, Quartz and Ceramics. Each worktop produced by our suppliers is unique and it is delivered directly to the customer home.
Green Plants is an important part of the vitality in IKEA offer. The category is responsible for supply to IKEA Green Plants business with main focus in Americas for our Living segment.
IKEA is one of the world's leading home furnishing companies. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible will be able to afford them.
The Inter IKEA Group is a part of Inter IKEA Systems B.V., owner of the IKEA Concept and worldwide IKEA franchisor.
IKEA Supply is responsible for securing that the product offer is produced and delivered to our customers. We lead the supply agenda across many functions and work together with all business areas, different business units, but also retail markets to secure customer availability in all markets and sales channels at lowest total cost.
IKEA Purchasing and Logistics Services US Inc. is part of our Purchasing and Logistics Area Americas which also has an office in Curitiba, Brazil and Mexico City, Mexico, and is a subsidiary of the Inter IKEA Group.
Being a Business Development Manager at IKEA means several things. As a part of the Category Management Team, you will actively contribute to the development of the Category Business Plan, securing business results and developing people as well as continuously explore new business opportunities in your area of responsibility.
As Business Development Manager you will:
- Set the business direction with clear Action Plan(s) to improve and develop business and supplier performance, and deliver to Category Plan, using the Supplier Development Process
- Be accountable for professional and long term relationship with suppliers through IKEA way of doing business, based on a shared business model, trust and transparency
- Identify and start-up new suppliers according to business needs through the business development team and/or by giving assignment to New Business teams
- Lead and/or contribute to projects on behalf of the overall category or category area
- Be overall responsible for people development including setting the competence and leadership agenda to meet the business needs as well as securing recruitment, development, performance management, retention and succession plans for co-workers directly in your team
- At any time, use Fact-based Business Leadership
Who are you?
As our Business Development Manager you have an entrepreneurial spirit with a strong ability to lead both business and people based on previous experience. You are good at both clarifying and inspiring, building networks and long-term partnerships. You combine strategic work with a hands-on approach and you have the ability to communicate a complex assignment in logic, clear and simple manner. You like challenges and to step into the unknown. You lead the business with analytical and holistic view, always keeping customer, supplier and IKEA in mind.
What you bring with you?
- Excellent proven leadership skills, being a down-to earth leader providing clarity with a positive, inspiring approach and leading through others with the aim to let them shine in their roles and assignments
- Are solution oriented and have a strong business acumen with the ability to work on a strategic level as well as sustaining excellence in daily operations on an operational and tactical level
- Good knowledge and understanding in purchasing and logistics and specifically manufacturing and cost-drivers connected to that
- Excellent understanding of business tools and systems to drive conclusions and actions
- Good communication skills in English, both verbal and written, with the ability to communicate clearly and in a simple way
- Able to take and execute though decisions
This position is based in King of Prussia, PA and will require some travelling.
We offer you varied work tasks both in the office and at IKEA suppliers with a fun, friendly, non-hierarchical, open and international team atmosphere. Moreover, you have a wide range of education and self-development possibilities. We also hope you want to contribute with your unique competence to IKEAs future growth!
Please send us your application in English – CV and letter of motivation. We really want to get to know you, so make sure you tell us why you would be a good fit.
At IKEA, we value diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are committed to providing coworkers with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We encourage individualism and invite you to come join our team and be yourself with us!
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristic protected by law. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit and business need.
Want to learn more about current opportunities? Come say Hej (hello in Swedish) here: https://about.ikea.com/en/work-with-us