Descripción del trabajo
ID de la oferta: REF4855G
Fecha de publicación: 18/01/2024Company description
The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. We operate in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand – and have an ambitious expansion plan to bring a little bit of Sweden to new markets in the region. We are part of the Ikano Group of companies and the only IKEA franchisee owned by the Kamprad family that founded IKEA.
We also develop, own and operate Shopping Centres that are anchored by IKEA and create walkable communities by including residential, office and other types of real estate in our development plans.
We work towards making sustainability a natural part of our everyday work. We are active in our communities, driving and supporting social initiatives that benefit children, women and the environment.
About the job
Be a strong contributor to the Store Management Team; you will create an environment where IKEA culture & values is a strong and living reality. An active contributor to the Country People Group, Lead the Store HR Team and be the HR subject matter expert in the store by providing advice and guiding leaders in people and HR legal matters. Responsible to process people operations matters and ensuring that the Country People Strategies are locally translated into action in the most effective and efficient to fulfill the purpose of the people function. An ambassador and lead by example of IKEA leadership in ways that express the IKEA values within and outside IKEA.
- Ensure the Country/Store People Strategy, IKANO Retail principles/guidelines, and relevant business plans relate and come together in a local HR action plan that is operationally implemented and lived up to build IKEA's brand as the employer of choice in the northern region.
- Secure the succession process and plan by inspiring all managers to take the lead with a focus on talents and high-performing potential. Also, responsible to work with the Country to develop a Development Program to support successors’ development plans.
- Secure a local Recruitment Strategy; guided by the Country's direction and framework to ensure good talent pool availability for hiring that matches the store PMA’s demographic.
- Fostering a conducive and productive environment for learning and development by securing a systematic approach following the IKEA learning staircase to build business competence and leadership capabilities to allow us to build the business and people, together.
- Ensure that remuneration practices in the store are competitive within the local market in the southern region and retail industry; which enables us to attract and retain the right people in our business.
- Create an atmosphere where knowledge sharing, internal promotion throughout IKANO Retail, and high commitment to IKANO Retail results as a whole (besides the country and stores results) by securing that we can attract, develop, and retain talented co-workers.
- Ensure that the salary review processes are handled in a structured and professional way and staff costs are in line with targets and budgets and ensure uses of HR data to enable better management of all human resource-related processes, payroll accuracy and timely, timekeeping and attendance and staff planning work in a timely and efficient way.
- Ensure to follow national legislation, regulations, and valid agreements in the labour market.
- Maintain a trustful relationship with unions.
- You have at least 12 years of working experience in Human Resource Management or business partnering roles, preferably from the retail industry. Prepare to work alongside co-workers on the floor during weekends and public holidays.
- Possessed strong Talent Management knowledge and experience in a large and complex organisation set-up.
- Have a good understanding of the local labour market, and experience working on employer branding.
- You are business-minded and have experience in building the competence dimension as well as leading strategic people assignments; where you could contribute to building the business and people, together.
- Passionate about the growth and development of people, you communicate, influence, and create an environment where the IKEA values are a strong and living reality that embraces a diversity of workforce.
- Well-versed in the local laws and regulations, constantly keeping oneself up to date on the labour market trends and best practices.
- Good in communication, negotiation, and influential skills to build strong work relationships with every manager and co-worker in the store and maintain a high level of integrity.
Please apply by 31 January 2024.
You are invited to this Life at Home Journey with IKEA, click here to begin Life at Home Journey with IKEA. Your job application will be prioritized when you complete the Life at Home Journey with IKEA.
Working with us has its rewards
Wherever you work within IKEA Southeast Asia, you enjoy a wide range of benefits. Here are just some of them:
Co-workers are our most valued customers and are entitled to a 15% discount on any home furnishings and food sold in our stores, from the first day of work.
We offer flexi benefits to cater our co-workers who are in different life stages with differing benefits needs. Within an annual Flexible Spending Account, co-workers can claim against dental, optical, fitness memberships or classes, vaccination or immunisation, non-insured outpatient medical expenses, health screenings, health supplements, IKEA purchases, health aid & equipment and mental health.
Maternity and paternity leave
We give mother four consecutive months of maternity leave and father receives four weeks of paid time off after a baby has arrived to help share the joys – and responsible – at home.
We enjoy special occasions together and give tokens to mark birthdays, marriage and the arrival of a baby. We reward loyalty through our Long Service Awards.
As home furnish experts, we take pride in providing inspiring workplaces that showcase IKEA products and create a relaxed, open atmosphere where we work side by side.
All co-workers may earn an annual financial reward when we meet our shared business objectives.