Descripción del trabajo
ID de la oferta: 219445
Fecha de publicación: 01/12/2023Why we will love you
Representing the IKEA brand is the start of creating a space that our customers will love to live in. Whether meeting in the customer’s home, or on the IKEA sales floor, discussing the benefits of IKEA Products installed by IKEA Home Services technicians and installers provides the customer confidence in the products and services offered by IKEA.
What you'll be doing day to day
The individual in this role is our customer’s first physical interaction with IKEA and sets the tone for a world-class customer experience. The Measurement Technician serves as the in-home partner with the IKEA Home Service Planners. You will begin the installation conversation by accurately measuring and drawing out the installation space.
• Accurately measure, interpret, and draw out installation space.
• Uploads the data in a timely manner and within the IKEA requirements using IKEA technology.
• Reviews layout of kitchen and all project paperwork with customer to ensure all components are correct and all measurements are accurate.
• Promotes the IKEA commercial priorities by securing high quality services, in a cost and time effective way.
• Reviews appliance, electrical and plumbing locations to ensure they are captured on the measurement documents.
• Interacts with customers to ensure their needs are being met.
• Addresses and resolves customer concerns, demonstrates empathy, and reinforces the IKEA values
Together as a team
We are meeting our customers at the home to ensure their vision becomes our vision. Connecting with our customers allows for us to take exact measurements and embolden their vision. This allows for the customer’s creativity to shine through while supporting that vision with IKEA products.
JOB TYPE: Permanent, Full-time
BENEFITS ELIGIBLE: Yes
HOURS: 38-40 hrs/wk
Salary Range: $16.52-$23.56 hours/week
Whether you're part time or full time, we offer competitive benefits and perks, such as medical and Rx*, dental, vison, 401k, meal deal, store discount, autism coverage, parental leave, pet insurance, education assistance and more.
*eligible starting at only 20 hrs/wk
• HS Diploma, GED, or equivalent preferred
• Vocational Tech education, wood shop class experience welcome
• Space layout experience is preferred
• Previous measuring experience preferred
• Customer service and sales experience
• Experience with computer technology including MS Office Suite, Salesforce and other
• Must have a valid driver's license, current auto insurance and reliable transportation
• Be able to lift 50lbs or more frequently (over 46% of the day)
• Travel is required for this role. Travel time is 4-5 days per week on average