Descripción del trabajo
ID de la oferta: R0005253
Fecha de publicación: 29/11/2023
Hej! Want to be a part of making everyday life better?
That’s what IKEA is all about - creating a better everyday life for the many people. At IKEA Marketing & Communication AB (IMC), you’re a part of making it happen.
IMC is the global in-house agency for the IKEA brand. We make the content that inspires people to make a better everyday life. We’re responsible for planning and developing communication for all IKEA markets across the world – from the global IKEA website to local ad campaigns.
Headquartered in Älmhult, Sweden, IMC is a meeting point for creatives and communicators from around the world who share a passion for the IKEA product range, home furnishing and people’s lives at home. Our mission is to create impactful communication that brings the IKEA brand to life and helps turn visitors into customers. Want to join us?
We´re now looking for Event leader to lead and deliver events and exhibition projects for IKEA from planning to execution, with high communication quality and meeting experience. Someone who is passionate about working in a fast-paced and future-oriented environment, always trying to make things better. You will be part of the Event team which is responsible to create and deliver internal and external events for IKEA to bring people together around our business priorities, range, home furnishing inspiration and unique identity.
As Event leader you will:
• Lead and manage scope and debrief together with Event Manager to secure a clear brief with high understanding of the assignment for each project in the larger context, ensure the project’s relevance towards IKEA´s strategic directions and IKEA identity.
• Accountable to lead the project from start to end, including brief, process, resources and team set-up, time plan and negotiation, including budget, forecast and follow-up for all types of events.
• Secure the suitable teams and resources for the project's requirements and ensuring the right resource is assigned to the right project tasks.
• Lead contract negotiations with freelancers and production partners to get the right competence for the best price in collaboration with the Event Manager and Procurement team.
• Lead and inspire the assigned project team from creation to production to execution that lands in different formats of events (physical, digital and/or hybrid).
• Lead and secure an understanding of the creative approach and concept to identify the appropriate production approach and execution method in all aspects of an event.
• Build and maintain strong, long-lasting relationships with stakeholders across IKEA organisations, ensuring needs are fulfilled throughout the project.
• Produce content and meeting design that effectively carry the right messages in the best appropriate way and secure a strong people interaction to create higher engagement and secure high quality of meeting experience before, during and after the event.
• Lead and develop new possible solutions linked to the different types of events; physical, hybrid and digital, with a clear understanding of the different technical needs.
• Act as a role model regarding IKEA Culture, Values and Code of conduct.
To be successful in this role, you need:
• Bachelor degree in Marketing or Communication.
• Broad work experience leading projects within communication, marketing, or events.
• Industry and market relevant knowledge within events, exhibitions, communication, and marketing preferably with retail experience.
• Proven ability to lead a team of creative specialists, manage project budget, scope, resourcing, deliver on-time and on-budget.
• Passionate in always trying to make things better, to build great solutions, and to reach people in new innovative ways.
• Experience working with a multichannel approach in an ever-changing, fast-paced reality
• Technical knowledge of supporting tools to strengthen the meeting experience.
• Experience working with complex organisational structures that involve many stakeholders.
• Experience of leading in the unknown, with speed and agility.
• Excellent proven communication skills: verbal, written, listening, and presenting.
• Experience in leading and developing people
• Excellent in written and spoken English.
Are you ready to make the world a little better, together? We want to hear from you!
This is a place where you can focus on doing what you love. There are no dress codes or closed offices. No day is ever the same. All ideas are welcome. Everyone tries to pitch in when needed, and failures are seen as a way of learning. When you enter our building, we want you to feel that you can inspire billions of people all over the world.
We look forward to receiving your application in English latest 3 December 2023.
If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact Event Manager Elin Sandborg at email@example.com. For questions regarding the recruitment process, you are welcome to contact Recruiter Jonas Levin at firstname.lastname@example.org