Job ID: REF17297R
Date posted: 06/02/2024Company description
IKEA Industry, part of the Inter IKEA Group, is the world’s largest producer of wooden furniture and is an integrated part of the IKEA value chain.As IKEA’s own furniture manufacturer our role is to offer a unique advantage for IKEA as a world leader in home furnishing.
IKEA Industry has nearly 38 production units, across 18 sites in 7 countries: Poland, Slovakia, Portugal, Sweden, Lithuania, China and Hungary.
Our operations include forestry, sawmills, boards, component and furniture production. IKEA culture and values shape everything we do. Not only do the IKEA values bring us together, they also help us to do business successfully
In IKEA Industry, Manufacturing Development Department grows unique manufacturing capability for long-term competitive advantage. Focus areas are Material, Product, Engineering, Energy efficiency and Automation capabilities.
Automation development department in Development Arena has assignment to develop & innovate automatic solutions in manufacturing for sustainable competitive advantage. Working closely with IKEA Industry factories, technology suppliers, product engineers, research institutions and global manufacturers entire lifecycle of automation is covered – from identifying business case until installation and through continuous improvements improving work conditions for many co-workers.
Right now we are looking for an Automation Engineer that will contribute to the continues development at the Automation- and Engineering & Energy department.
Are you passionate about developing the next generation of production plants in global manufacturing company?
In the position of Robotic Engineer at IKEA Industry expectation is to work with latest advances in digital production and further developing manufacturing processes in high-performing sustainable production systems.
Automation Engineering is located in Manufacturing Development Center (MDC) in Zbasyzn. The MDC is the world’s biggest furniture development center where 100+ engineers and leaders co-create and innovate Materials, Products and Technology together with colleagues and partners. In the areas of Automation the current focus is:
- to continue development and implementation of our Industry 4.0 strategy
- to innovate, develop and implement world-class automation and robotics
The role includes leading development projects as well as managing improvements of such systems in full operation in close cooperation with factory representatives, industry experts, product development and several of the collaborating companies and research institutions.
Who You are
We are looking for you who are passionate about developing the next generation of production plants in global manufacturing company. We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic about advanced development in intersection between material, product, digital and automation to offer IKEA customers even better home furnishing products which many more of the many will be able to afford. We believe that you thrive in an demanding environment with a lot of personal freedom to deliver on agreed targets and goals.
We believe that you have a combination of the following knowledge and capabilities:
- Strong foundation in Robotics Engineering: Knowledge of robotic systems, including programming, design, and implementation. Familiarity with various types of robots used in manufacturing,
- Programming Skills: Proficiency in programming languages relevant to robotics
- Experience with PLC and Automation Systems: Understanding of PLC programming and how it integrates with robotic systems.
- Control Systems Knowledge: Experience with the design and implementation of control systems for robotic applications, including motion control and advanced algorithms.
- Sensor and Vision Systems: Familiarity with sensors and vision systems used in robotic applications, including their integration and programming.
- Project Management Skills: Ability to lead and manage tasks effectively, ensuring timely delivery and quality outcomes.
- Manufacturing Processes and Production System Engineering: Understanding of manufacturing processes and how robotics can optimize these processes for efficiency and quality.
- Innovative and Strategic Thinking: Ability to innovate and develop strategic solutions in the field of robotics to enhance manufacturing capabilities.
- Cross-cultural Communication: Proficient in verbal and written English with the ability to engage effectively in a multicultural environment.
- Analytical Skills: Strong analytical abilities to assess complex systems and derive actionable insights.
Thank you for reading so far!
Location: Manufacturing Development Center (MDC), Zbąszyń.
Home office options available depending on the assignment. This position necessitates a high level of travel readiness, with potential business travel up to 5 days per week and the option of approximately 100 home office days per year.
Do you feel challenged and inspired by what you have seen in this job ad? If “yes!” we would love to know more about you and your motivation for this job! Please send us your application in English as soon as possible.
For job specific questions please contact:
Automation Development Manager: email@example.com
For questions about the recruitment process, please contact:
People & Culture Leader: firstname.lastname@example.org
At IKEA we believe that we’re better when we’re physically together for collaboration, dialogues and conversations. We believe in the power of human interactions; the informal chats, the energy, belonging, and creativity generated by people being in the same place.
Another thing fueling our success is our values-based culture. While we are unique individuals with endless differences, something we share is our commitment to lead by example, work together, find better ways and to get things done. We believe in life-long learning, where we all play a part in helping each other (and our business) grow.
Read more about us at: About IKEA
Read more about IKEA Industry in Poland: IKEA Industry Poland