Job ID: REF4332S
Date posted: 05/02/2024Company description
The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. We operate in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand – and have an ambitious expansion plan to bring a little bit of Sweden to new markets in the region. We are part of the Ikano Group of companies and the only IKEA franchisee owned by the Kamprad family that founded IKEA.
We also develop, own and operate Shopping Centres that are anchored by IKEA and create walkable communities by including residential, office and other types of real estate in our development plans.
We work towards making sustainability a natural part of our everyday work. We are active in our communities, driving and supporting social initiatives that benefit children, women and the environment.
- Oversee the operations, energy consumption and maintenance of the store premises and facility to ensure a sustainable, safe, clean and functional environment for our co-workers and customer
- Regularly follow up on costs related to the area of maintenance and try to find ways to control and minimize these costs.
- Engage with stakeholders in fire prevention, safety and security, you take the lead in the Sec Check/GRM compliance process.
- Liaise with the relevant stakeholders, partners and government authorities on store licensing, building by laws, on utilities, safety, health and environment issues including waste removal of restaurant to ensure compliance with statutory regulations.
- Oversee the Maintenance team, you ensure support of the M&E system operation, such as power system, lighting, air-condition, as well as timely execution of maintenance repairs to building facility.
- Use functional and technical expertise to manage the built asset, both building facilities and the store and shopping centre in order to create an environment that strongly support the core business of IKEA Southeast Asia. Ensure that the implementation of Maintenance and Facilities Management practises are effective and efficient way in order to fulfil the purpose of the function. Be a strong contributor to the management team; provide Facilities and Project Management matter expertise and processes to reach company objectives.
1. Minimum of 3-5 years supervisory experience in facilities management/maintenance management/building operations maintenance
2. Hands on knowledge in handling all technical aspects of building and facilities
3. Well versed in all laws governing the building management
4. Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills
5. Must be able to share knowledge and learning
6. Must have highly developed networking skills
7. Must be able to communicate and understand English
8. Must have proven leadership abilities and lead by example
9. Must have the ability to bring out the best in coworkers and to motivate and develop the coworker.
10. Must have the ability to create an environment where the IKEA values are strong and living reality that embraces the diversity of co-workers and visitors.
11. Preferably technical or engineering diploma/degree.
12. Candidate with some project management experience has an advantage.
13. Ability to write report and communicate clearly business and technical concept is advantageous
14. Pro-active, can do attitude and problem solving skills are preferred
Please apply by 30 November 2023