Job ID: REF470K
Date posted: 27/12/2023Company description
3 countries - Kuwait, Jordan, and Morocco,
serving millions of customers every year to create a better everyday life for the many people.
This is us in IKEA Al-Homaizi Limited.
Our keywords are Home, People, Happiness, Development, Leadership, Diversity, and Passion.
Join us to bridge your dreams and unique ideas within an organization that believes in People.
Purpose of the function:
The Digital Technology & Performance Specialist is responsible to Increase customer satisfaction, reduce the cost and improve our performance in all our markets. Ensure that digital customers have an enjoyable and successful shopping experience. Helping the customers understand services and products and purchase them or use them.
Purpose of the job:
The core task of the Digital Technology & Performance Specialist is to be a dedicated contributor to the digital team, in terms of content responsible for the ongoing management of the IKEA country website and mobile applications, for maintaining quality and consistency and their navigation structure; all this to optimize the web as a vital and effective channel and through this contribute to the purpose of the function.
- Optimize applications for maximum speed.
- Increase the retention of customers by ‘serving’ them in a more focused and convenient way.
- Tracking all contact points between IKEA and the customer.
- Execute tests, collect, and analyse data and results, identify trends and insights to achieve maximum ROI.
- Navigate the growth of IKEA digital retailing and steer the business towards sustained long-term profitability.
- Provide accurate, relevant, and user-friendly business information for effective decision-making.
- Analyze business information and identify business opportunities.
- Establish follow-up mechanisms for projects.
- Work with other functions to assure the alignment of business information.
- Together with the commercial team identify commercial opportunities.
- Communicate relevant business information and goals to managers and co-workers, in a way which engages and inspires them to create meaningful actions to achieve our agreed goals.
- Interest in people’s everyday life at home and in home furnishing.
- Experience of setting and implementing long-term strategic plans and following up goals.
- Understanding of user-centric web content and a strong instinct for usability and effective content organization.
- Knowledge of best web content practices, browser functionality.
- Good knowledge of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and how digital media channels can be supported by content.
- Knowledge of how to maintain logical directory structure and files on web server, including the handling of naming conventions.
- Strong understanding of web coding.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work and make the most efficient use of time available.
• Interested in emerging technologies and solutions
• Interested in the worldwide web and its importance in today's society and the potential this gives IKEA
• Passion for collaborate with developers and designers to improve the user experience
• Strong identification with the IKEA culture and values
• High interest in home furnishings, people´s life at home and the IKEA range
• Understand a site's target audience and requirements
• Able to produce content and to write it in an interesting and appealing manner that reflects the IKEA
• Have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Able to simplify and explain complex issues and procedures
• Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
Ideal experience & education:
- Up to 5 years’ experience as Digital Technology & Performance Specialist.
- Previous experience in Digital Performance with proven strong analytical and numerical skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.
- Experienced in following style and copy guidelines and briefs.
- Experienced in meeting deadlines and managing publishing schedules.
- Demonstrated skills in identifying new requirements for websites and applications.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively organize, prioritize and manage a high-volume of assignments.
- Demonstrated conceptual and logical abilities; proven ability to think creatively as well as strategically and tactically.
- A strong background in digital and software developments.
- Experience in creating digital solutions for users and customers.
- Ability to communicate confidently and clearly in English, both verbally and in writing
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (especially Excel)
A few more details for you
This position is full-time and is located in Kuwait.
Please send your CV – in English by Thursday 15 Nov. 2018 and tell us why you would be a good fit for this role.