Job ID: REF1754O
Date posted: 10/12/2023Company description
Come help us create a better everyday life for the many people. That’s the IKEA vision. We do that by offering a wide range of home furnishings with good design and function at prices so low that as many people will be able to afford them.
Do you value simplicity, cost-consciousness, a humble attitude and willpower? Then an IKEA career may be right for you.
We strive for excellent leadership to lead business and people together. We believe people learn and develop best when they perform and deliver in the real world.
- By using IKEA Revit software program, library and templates, complete the commercial planning and compilation package within the set timeframe for the assigned area.
- Ensure consistency of the output from the IKEA design tool.
- Actively participate in startup meeting and checkpoint meetings by presenting and discussing layout and range presentation solutions.
- Transfer interior design know-how to new IKEA co-workers.
- Ensure a timely, qualitative and consistent implementation of all relevant store media during the commercial build-up period.
- Use home furnishing competence to create home furnishing solutions in room settings, homes, vignettes and sales support areas that reflect the IKEA identity.
- Actively contribute in gathering of insights from home visit interviews and competition visits translating this knowledge into locally relevant, functional, aesthetic and commercial home furnishing solutions that exceed customer expectations and reflect home furnishing the IKEA way.
- Contribute to the creation of a Showroom matrix that reflects a wide variety of styles, living situations and price levels to create a good tempo with distinct visual impressions. Secure high quality, simplicity, efficiency, and cost consciousness when planning and implementing all range presentation solutions using global tools and best practices.
- Stay up to date and knowledgeable about home furnishing, retailing and trends in order to contribute in workshops to generate creative ideas.
- Contribute to the content of the department action plan with initiatives that will grow the business and support long-term profitability and execute the agreed plans together with the Com&In team and other functions.
- Respect routines and responsibilities, work together with Com&In team and other functions, act quickly to exploit commercial opportunities and understand the impact of your actions on the financial results.
- Keep in mind Safety when working on any build-up or rebuilds.
- Excellent spoken & written English
- Ability to work in a fast retail environment.
- Computer proficient with knowledge and experience of using relevant software (e.g. AutoCad, Revit, sketch up).
- Diploma or Bachelor degree in interior design.
- Travel to new cities is required for the projects at least for 3 to 4 months for or according to unit size.
- Working outdoor in a dusty air during the start of the project.
- Working extra hours and on-call duties.