Job ID: REF4721Y
Date posted: 05/02/2024Company description
We all know that your home is more than a house. At IKEA, we also believe your work is more than a job.
IKEA's vision is to create a better everyday life for many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home décor products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them.
To take responsibility for the optimized transport flow into the MCDC and outbound from the MCDC to the respective selling units. To follow up and analyse all key figures associated with transport flow, including those relating to costs and to communicate and advise on findings both internally and with external service providers.
- To ensure that the optimal usage of unloading slots and windows to ensure a smooth process of in and outbound
- Secure the correct registration of unloading times and all follow ups
- To collate, analyse and advise on all transport related topics including those associated with costs, including a weekly transport overview
- To act as the first point of contact for all transport related topics between the transport service providers and IKEA units
- To contribute to the transport tendering process as the “Transport Expert” giving insights and support to the business development function
- Contribute to positioning the IKEA store and the IKEA Brand as responsible partners in lowering environmental impact by taking relevant actions that contribute to achieving longterm profitability in a sustainable and environmental way
- Live the IKEA values and nurture a strong and thriving IKEA culture that inspires colleagues to reach extraordinary achievements in the store and especially in the goods flow team
- Identify, and develop the many talents and successors for the transport role in the customer fulfilment team
- Inspired by the IKEA vision, values, and culture
- Leading business through people
- Enjoy applying strategic, tactical, and operational approach for analysing business opportunities from customer/perspective and inspired by challenging situations
- Customer orientation and centricity: see the customer first and consider the impact on the customer when taking decisions
- Eagerness and desire to understand the IKEA business and customer needs and influence
- Good business understanding: understanding of key performance measurement used to plan, follow up and steer the business with a customer-centric approach
- Very good knowledge of IKEA processes, supply chain, warehousing operations and service business leading to an excellent customer fulfilment
- Very good understanding of the customer and co-worker needs, demands and expectations on the market
- Good knowledge of stakeholder management: knowledge of how to identify and involve relevant stakeholders in a project, process or question to make things happen
- Excellent knowledge of relevant IT systems/solutions/tools, calculation methods and analysis within the function
- Collaborative mind-set: good in building relationships across the organisation and having influence and personal impact by using good communication and negotiation skills
- End-to-end orientation: ability to apply analytical process-oriented thinking including planning and maintaining work process
- Ability to act within the global framework to achieve local/market/organisation goals
- Ability to identify need and drive change within the organisation acting in multi-cultural, interdependent and matrix environments
- Analytical capability to enable translation of business and
- customer needs into development initiatives
Additional Information This role is based in the State of Mexico and offers a great opportunity to be part of establishing IKEA in a completely new market. You will have the opportunity to push the limits and influence the direction of IKEA in Mexico. All as part of a supportive and open culture where we live our values, work hard, have fun and operate with a long-term perspective. Because opportunities arise here and growth continues. If you are interested in joining our team, apply here!