Job ID: REF465Q
Date posted: 22/10/2023Company description
A Smile, Common Sense, Passion for home furnishing, and Leadership; that's what we need in IKEA Al-Homaizi Kuwait - a company that believes in developing business through our Co-Workers.
Our energy comes from creating a better everyday life for the many people.
We simply recruit based on Values, Competence, Potential for growth, and Diversity.
The Application Specialist’s primary responsibility is to carry out the configuration and development activities for the company’s Microsoft Dynamics NAV system & Business Central and to resolve the end-user’s day-to-day issues. In addition to this, the NAV Developer will be required to analyze and contribute to functional specifications provided by business users and produce technical specifications in line with agreed standards, the primary focus will be technical liaison to business groups for application support along with Dynamics NAV development/customization, with additional activities using SQL and SSRS.
- Configure, develop, and deliver MS Dynamics NAV & Business Central software and components in all functional areas.
- Create new and modify existing customizations and integrations as requested by the business.
- Debug system problems, and craft resolutions.
- Write reports using C/AL, SSRS, and Visual Studio
- Installation and implementation of service packs and hot fixes as needed.
- Test functionality developed by the development team against business requirements.
- Support and drive process change and communication in line with NAV best practice.
- Coordinate and contribute to end-user training including development of system documentation and training materials.
- Assist with functional specifications of customizations and integrations required for NAV implementations.
- Take responsibility for the customized unit programming and overall system functionality.
- Work with the Project Managers, Business Analyst and Consultants to understand the business / application requirements of the assigned task.
- Take responsibility for delivering development tasks within agreed budgets and timelines.
- Creation of technical documentation for all customizations and integrations
- Other duties as assigned.
- Technical Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years technical expertise in developing Microsoft Dynamics NAV &Business Central required.
- Experience customizing NAV 2009 R2, NAV 2015, NAV 2016, Business Central.
- Familiarity with core business processes such as accounting, distribution, or manufacturing
- Experience with converting data from legacy systems into Dynamics NAV
- Experience with building applications in MS SQL 2014/2016, SSRS 2014/2016 preferred.
- Dynamics NAV Development, Install and Configuration certifications preferred.
- Functional knowledge of the Finance Management, Sales & Marketing, and Purchase, Warehouse
This position is full-time and is located in Kuwait. Some travel may be required.
Please send your CV in English and tell us why you would be a good fit for this role.