Job ID: 227938
Date posted: 21/02/2024What you'll be doing day to day
• This is a project based role
• Co-workers within these roles would be assigned to specific assignments or projects within the Breakthrough scope.
• Responsible for securing long term sourcing development and implementation for customer fulfilment capacities within the scope of Parcel, Final mile Truck deliveries and setups for Customer order pick up services and other related logistic services in our customer fulfilment network and utilizing blended sourcing options through driving the Fulfilment Development Process in the market.
• Responsible for responsibly driving the process for building market intelligence , for the development of blended sourcing options, for the development of a healthy pool of potential service partners and for long-term supplier relationship development on the market to secure short-, mid-, and long-term capacity for growth and enable IKEA to be considered as a preferred partner in the market.
• Responsible for securing seamless cooperation with a customer-centric, collaborative, end-to-end and process-oriented mind-set towards both Market and Group Functions and other relevant stakeholders.
• Responsible for ensuring the right information flow and effective communication throughout the organization and for the alignment with the Group Organization and other business partners and stakeholders on relevant topics.
• Responsible for leading assigned sourcing activities, projects and initiatives in the market and responsible for securing that the results meet the actual goals connected to the growth plan.
• As an expert in strategic sourcing, responsible for sharing knowledge with colleagues and business partners to support their competence development, particularly the understanding of the principles of effective and efficient strategic sourcing on the market.
• Responsible for the implementation of the Global Sourcing Process in the market including the Group Legal contract package and for the management of all assigned contracts in the market securing compliance of all contractual obligations.
• Contribute to the global improvement projects and the development of global and market sourcing process, ways of working, tools and working methods.
• Contribute with strategic sourcing related knowledge and insights to the design and development projects of other market functions especially for Fulfilment Development and Network.
• Responsible for ensuring that the Customer Fulfilment sustainability agenda is included in all aspect of the business directly connected to and influenced by Strategic Sourcing.
• We would regularly evaluate the resources assigned to the assignments / projects; moving the co-workers to other assignments or ending employment as needed.
What you'll need to have
• University degree in logistics, economics, business administration or relevant working experience in strategic sourcing
• 2 - 4 years working experience in sourcing environment (strategic sourcing preferred)
• Experience in developing business development roadmaps
• Experience in contract management, negotiations, business analysis and project management
• Experience in driving business through interdependent leadership skills and problem-solving
• Good knowledge of the legislations and regulations governing the logistics fulfilment industry
• Understand profit and loss and how to affect its result through personal actions
• Excellent presentation skills
• Proven record of consistently meeting agreed budgets and goals, and working on plans
• Engaging a receiver by creating a passion for plans
• Self-reliant and motivated with a proven ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
• Working in a changing environment
Together as a team
We’re the team behind the scenes that make the IKEA products available to the many people. As a diverse mix of co-workers we use our supply process expertise to balance range and space capacity with forecasting and ordering to provide customers with high availability while minimizing costs. If you’ve wonder who’s responsible for finding effective and efficient ways of picking up the products for our customers, that’s us. We’re passionate about working together to improve the customer experience at IKEA!
Job Type-Project based, Salaried
Benefits Eligible- yes
The salary pay range for this role is $83,204-$120,998
We offer competitive benefits and perks, such as medical and Rx*, dental, vision, 401k, meal deal, store discount, autism coverage, parental leave, pet insurance, education assistance and more.
This position is hybrid role with 3 days a week in the office. The successful candidate must live within a commutable distance to the IKEA Service Office in Conshohocken, PA.