Job ID: REF4751I
Date posted: 05/02/2024Company description
The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. We operate in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand – and have an ambitious expansion plan to bring a little bit of Sweden to new markets in the region. We are part of the Ikano Group of companies and the only IKEA franchisee owned by the Kamprad family that founded IKEA.
We also develop, own and operate Shopping Centres that are anchored by IKEA and create walkable communities by including residential, office and other types of real estate in our development plans.
We work towards making sustainability a natural part of our everyday work. We are active in our communities, driving and supporting social initiatives that benefit children, women and the environment.
About the job
To provide IKEA Store with communication expertise, materials and tools that drive positive perception of the IKEA brand among co-workers, corporate stakeholders and the community in which we operate (our Primary Market Area.) The Communication function supports our business aspiration: to be a great place to work, delivering sustainable growth and a fantastic customer experience. Communication helps drive results in VOICE, IKEA Customer Satisfaction Survey and Brand Capital.
- Spot risks and opportunities for communication. Develop an annual Communication SWOT analysis and working with store management team to develop a plan of action for internal communication with SMART goals.
- Maintain knowledge of store priorities and commercial goals at all times, advising leaders of best channels for sharing information and developing communication competence.
- Support leaders in delivering inspiring and clear messages about changes and/or developments within their teams/projects.
- Work with store matrix partners to develop digital content and take overall responsibility for coordinating the flow of information in Digital Signage system.
- Take a leading role in driving co-worker engagement, working closely with HR and the Sports and Recreation Committee to drive participation in social outings and securing good communication before and after events.
- Track and manage all requests to the IKEA store for public speaking and/or community engagement, working with Sustainability to leverage opportunities that help IKEA to position itself as a champion of people and the planet.
- Support store Commercial Activity Leaders in delivering any events that engage our community/customers and project IKEA as a Good Neighbor.
- Support the HR team in developing localized communications and/or outreach plans.
- Support Local Marketing and Communications Manager in local marketing activities in-store and in the shopping centre.
- A degree/diploma in journalism, public relations or communications or at least two years of working experience.
- Critical thinking skills and ability to give communication guidance. Must be able to identify and craft key messages with supporting “proofs”
- Proven excellence in writing and public speaking. Fluent in Thai and English.
- Strong drive. Problem-solving approach.
- Outgoing manner, with ability to engage co-workers at all levels.
- Knowledge of communication planning – setting objectives, measuring outcomes.
- Tech savvy. Ability to use Adobe Photoshop or Adobe Illustrator to develop simple artwork is preferred. Knowledge of Microsoft Office a definite asset.
- Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other web-based applications.
- Knowledge of IKEA, its products and its Values an asset.
Please apply by 17 December 2023.