Job ID: REF232W
Date posted: 04/12/2023Company description
The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at affordable prices . We are part of IKEA Al-Homaizi Limited, operating in three countries - Kuwait, Jordan, and MOROCCO.
Our keywords are Home, People, Happiness, Development, Leadership, Inclusion & Diversity, All with Passion!
Join us to bridge your dreams and unique ideas within an organization that believes in People !
• Ensuring the customer and co-worker restaurant, and cafe is always presentable
• Operating the cash register for customers purchasing meals
• Preparing, presenting and serving the highest quality food to both our customers and co-workers.
• Complying with strict IKEA Food and HACCP policies and daily operational routines around quality and food safety, including temperature and date checks
• Supporting other areas of IKEA Food where needed to ensure annual goals and targets are achieved
• Work with the Kitchen Production Manager to ensure the area is efficiently maintained and secure it is clean, organized, appealing and inviting to provide a positive guest experience.
• Ensure that the IKEA co-worker restaurant range is appealing, nutritious and based on our guests needs and wants
• Look for more effective ways of working to reduce costs. I am always cost-conscious when it comes to controlling waste, serving correct-sized portions, following correct production levels and cooking methods, and contributing to correct inventory levels.
• Produce food dishes at the correct production levels to ensure freshness, maximize sales and minimize waste.
- Sound understanding of business and a background gained from working in a customer-focused, fast-paced and multichannel retail environment.
- Proven customer-focused mindset.
- Self-reliant and motivated with proven ability to work as part of a team as well as independently.
- Self-confident and assertive with the ability to influence through the use of customer and market insight.
- Ability to set clear expectations and directions.
- Proven record/experience of developing people and organizations.
- Good analytical and numerical skills.
- Ability to communicate confidently and clearly in the local language(s) and English
- Quick learner who can adapt easily to changing demands.
- Experience of working with payments in a retail environment.
* Local employment regulations applies