Veröffentlichungsdatum: 30/01/2024Company description
The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. We operate in Mexico – and have an ambitious expansion plan to bring a little bit of Sweden to new markets in the region. We are part of the Ikano Group of companies and the only IKEA franchisee owned by the Kamprad family that founded IKEA.
We work towards making sustainability a natural part of our everyday work. We are active in our communities, driving and supporting social initiatives that benefit children, women and the environment.
The purpose of the job is:
- To protect IKEA’s co-workers, customers and assets from preventive loss, injury or illness within the unite – thereby supporting the IKEA objectives; leader in life at home, growth and long-term profitability, a better IKEA.
- To be a valued business partner that drives for sustainable solutions, improve the profit for the unit in balance with IKEAs intended level of Safety and Security.
- To proactively do this by assessing and managing risks, influence the managers and co-workers within the unit, so that a risk aware culture in IKEA will be established.
- To ensure compliance with IKEA Safety and Security Manual
Responsibilities of the Job:
- Ensure a safe and secure environment for co-workers and customers through training, audits, inspections and standards and national/local legal demands.
- Manage Fire command centre (FCC) daily operations and response to any emergency situations with the provision of information from critical life safety system located at the FCC.
- Meet IKEAs intended level of Safety and Security by achieving positive results during Sec Check and insurance inspection.
- Ensure quality reporting and handling of all incidents through online incident reporting system.
- Ensure an effective claims handling and reporting process is applied, claims are analysed, follow upand preventive actions are implemented.
- Conduct compliance checks and reviews on health, safety and security standards in the unit, document them, and ensure that actions are implemented and followed up by theresponsible.
- Accountable for investigation of internal and external incidents and recommending resolution and revision of routines as necessary.
- Work together with the Safety and Security Manager to ensure IKEA Standards, Risk Management frameworks as well as legal demands are followed.
- Ensure operational effectiveness and efficiency of security company within the unit including crowd management on peak days.
- Ensure security company guards are trained with the ability to secure IKEA assets with IKEA intended level of Safety and Security.
- Passion for people and values
- Extensive interest in health, safety and security
- Desire to continuously improve the organisation
- Ability to communicate confidently and clearly in English (written and verbally)
- Working knowledge of MS Office computer programs (PowerPoint, Word and Excel)
- Knowledge of the following areas:
- Occupational Health and Safety and Security Policies
- Standards, rules, manuals, tools and working methods for Safety and Security
- Administrations, auditing or controlling
- Technical Security Systems
- Fire Codes
- Building Codes
- Local criminal or civil laws
- Insurance policies and claim handling procedures
- Ability to react confidently to critical situations and act appropriately to minimise risks to the business and people
- High level of personal integrity (a criminal background check is conducted)
- Ability to engage and convince stakeholders to take ownership
- Self-reliant and motivated with proven ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
- Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential matters
- Ability to work in high stress situations
- Problem-solving experience
- Experience of effectively managing change
- Ability to read and understand legal and technical documents
- Good communication and documentation skills with various levels of management
- Ability to plan effectively, to influence others and follow up on changes implemented
Please apply by February 16th, 2024.