Veröffentlichungsdatum: 12/02/2024Who you are
• You are curious to find more effective ways of working and passionate about using your knowledge to lead the business and optimize performance.
• You are interested in people’s everyday life at home and in-home furnishings and identify yourself with the IKEA range.
• You have at least 5 years of managerial experience in a customer-focused, multi-channel retail environment and motivated to join a dynamic and future-oriented organization.
• You develop people and business together by providing inspiring directions, getting people to work collaboratively towards common objectives and creating an environment where the IKEA culture is strong, and diversity is valued.
• You know the market trends; customers aspirations and you fully understand the importance of further strengthening IKEA and our connection with the everyday lives of the many people.
• You are an approachable, trustworthy and knowledgeable leader who leads by example and communicate in a clear and structured way.
• You have a strong aptitude to quickly develop knowledge of the local market and business conditions, while remaining confident and objective when change is necessary.
A day in your life with us
• Partner with the store manager in achieving excellence in operations ensuring that the rules, IKEA group risk manual guidelines and country legislation are implemented and monitored, the store is always safe and secure for customers and co-workers and that our property is safeguarded.
• Effectively manage the recovery department to achieve the best balance between sales and costs considering the IKEA commitment for being a responsible company when it comes to sustainability.
• Support the management team to create actions plans for their areas of responsibility according to IKEA standards and make sure they have the appropriate approved tools in place to maximise productivity and efficiency.
• Proactively take responsibility to summarise and communicate financial goals (including P&L) and contribute to the development of the store business plan, local marketing plan and commercial Strategy.
• Encourage team members and coworkers to discover even more effective and cost-conscious ways of working to make us quicker, leaner and simpler, and through this lower our cost structure.
• Coach fellow co-workers in the store on relevant business navigation competencies, to reinforce their contribution to the business by creating an environment of trust and encouraging open, constructive, honest, two-way feedback.
• Work together with the commercial team to take prompt actions on opportunities as well as acting on customer feedback, competition, supply and performance analysis to secure a strong retail foundation and expand our existing base.
• Use all the information and tools available, to ensure a multidimensional approach to steering the business for achieving long term sustainable growth and profitability, with our customers in focus.
• Spend time in the operational areas within your direct responsibilities to understand customers’ perspectives and possibilities for improvement to enhance IKEA as a meaningful and trusted brand and enable a better life at home.
Our team within Ikea
We see ourselves as influencers – we steer the IKEA business by finding the truth behind the figures. Together we secure compliance with local and international laws and reporting standards; we assure that accounting processes are efficient and that tax compliance meets business needs. We’re a diverse group of people driven by providing reliable financial data to a wide variety of stakeholders. At the end of the day, that’s one of the foundations to make IKEA even better!
JUST SO YOU KNOW
In the IKEA world, this position is officially referred to as Business Navigation & Operations Manager.
Please note: This position requires the submission of a satisfactory criminal record check. A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position.