Veröffentlichungsdatum: 05/02/2024Company description
About IKEA Singapore
IKEA is the world’s largest home furnishing retailer with 460 stores across more than 60 countries. IKEA Singapore is part of Ikano Retail, one of 12 IKEA franchisees and the only one owned by the family of Ingvar Kamprad, who founded IKEA in 1943.
IKEA Singapore creates a better everyday life by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low, that as many people as possible can afford them. Ikano Pte. Ltd. owns and operates three omnichannel stores in Singapore, including IKEA Alexandra, IKEA Tampines and IKEA Jurong. To learn more, visit IKEA.sg.
We all know that your home is more than a house. At IKEA, we also believe your work is
more than a job.
About the job
Working closely with the Safety & Security team, co-workers and steering team to provide safety & security support in securing compliance with established internal / external guidelines, assist in ensuring that we continue to operate within IKEA intended level to achieve a positive risk culture that continues to grow.
- Oversee the overall operations of the Fire Command Centre within the retail units and ensure all related emergencies are attended and effectively dealt with in a timely manner.
- Support in the overall day to day management of the Fire Alarm Protection, Intrusion Detection, Electronic Access Control, CCTV surveillance and any other related systems.
- Monitor and implement crowd control / traffic management plan where required aligned to established procedures.
- Provide and maintain proper and legible records in respect of events, activities and occurrences.
- Assist in all responses as stipulated in the Store Emergency Management Plan to alarms, medical emergencies, fires and other similar matters, evacuating premises and contacting appropriate emergency services if required including administration of First Aid if required and notify appropriate stakeholders (Duty Manager, First Aider, ERT, etc.) in the event of accidents, emergencies, or other incidents until the arrival of the proper authorities.
- Responsible in identifying potential problems related to safety and security and ensure prompt reporting to the Safety & Security Team for resolution, including, but not limited to malfunction in facilities, evacuation routes obstructions, safety and health hazards in and around the premises, etc.
- Report any occurrences of accidents, injuries and unsafe work conditions promptly to the Duty Manager and Safety & Security Team.
- Assist to carry out specific deployment tasks (Patrol, cash escort, checkout, loss prevention strategies, etc.) and ensure that all tasks are carried out effectively and promptly.
- Ensure all incidents are properly reported and escalated in the incident reporting system, ensuring proper documentation and follow up actions.
- Assist/participate in periodic safety & security systems testing and evacuation drills at established intervals.
- Knowledge of life safety systems, fire equipment, physical security systems and safety & security operations
- Experience in Emergency response handling, Crowd and traffic management
- Trained first aider and Company Emergency Response Team (CERT) certification
- Possess good interpersonal skills and able to work effectively with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Committed to perform shift work including weekends and on public holidays