Veröffentlichungsdatum: 05/02/2024Company description
IKEA is the world’s largest home furnishing retailer with 460 stores across more than 60 countries. IKEA Malaysia is part of Ikano Retail, one of 12 IKEA franchisees and the only one owned by the family of Ingvar Kamprad, who founded IKEA in 1943.
IKEA Malaysia creates a better everyday life by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low, that as many people as possible can afford them. Ikano Handel Sdn. Bhd. owns and operates four omnichannel stores in Malaysia, including IKEA Damansara, IKEA Cheras, IKEA Tebrau and IKEA Batu Kawan. To learn more, visit IKEA.my
- You ensure a safe and secure environment for co-workers and customers through training, audits, and standards and national/local legal demands.
- You assist the Unit to meet the IKEA’s intended level of Safety and Security by achieving positive results during Sec Check and insurance inspections.
- You co-ordinate with the unit Emergency Response Team and management for the handling of any emergency cases and provide appropriate action according to the store Emergency Management Plan.
- You secure incidents are properly reported in the incident reported tool and to insurance companies, when applicable. Ensuring proper documentation and follow–up.
- You are accountable for investigation of internal and external incidents and recommending resolution and revision of routines as necessary.
- You maximise the Unit profit by proactively implement measures to reduce the number of Safety & Security related incidents.
- You implement crowd management plan for peak days.
- You proactively identify emerging risks, and ensure early involvement in new initiatives in unit.
- You will be the initial point of contact when fraudulent activities or unethical behaviours (including but not limited to harassment, co-worker misconduct) are suspected or identified.
- You work together with the Retail Risk Manager to ensure IKEA Standards, Risk Management frameworks as well as legal demands are followed
- Have strong knowledge in the principles, practices and techniques of safety and security procedures and all relevant local legislation.
- Ability to react confidently to critical situations and act appropriately to minimise risks to the business and people.
- Strong communication and documentation skills with all levels of management.
- Ability to plan effectively, to influence others (especially when divergent interests) and follow up on changes implemented.
- High level of personal integrity.
- Able to work in a fast pace environment and manage stressful situations.
- Previous experience on safety and security in a retail environment is preferred.
You are invited to the Life at Home journey with IKEA. Click >>here* to begin your journey. Kindly note that your job application will be processed when you complete the assignment.
*If you can't access the link, please go to the original job posting at Smart Recruiter.
Working with us has its rewards
Wherever you work within IKEA Southeast Asia, you enjoy a wide range of benefits. Here are just some of them:
Co-workers are our most values customers and are entitled to a 15% discount on any home furnishings and food sold in our stores, from the first day of work.
We offer flexi benefits to cater our co-workers who are in different life stages with differing benefits needs. Within an annual Flexible Spending Account, co-workers can claim against dental, optical, fitness memberships or classes, vaccination or immunisation, non-insured outpatient medical expenses, health screenings, health supplements, IKEA purchases, health aid & equipment and mental health.
Maternity and paternity leave
We give mother four consecutive months of maternity leave and father receives four weeks of paid time off after a baby has arrived to help share the joys – and responsible – at home.
We enjoy special occasions together and give tokens to mark birthdays, marriage, the arrival of a baby. We reward loyalty through our Long Service Awards/
As home furnish experts, we take pride in providing inspiring workplaces that showcase IKEA products and create a relaxed, open atmosphere where we work side by side.
All co-workers may earn an annual financial reward when we meet our shared business objectives.
All co-workers are given free parking.
Please apply by 31 August 2023.