Veröffentlichungsdatum: 05/02/2024Company description
IKEA is the world’s largest home furnishing retailer with 460 stores across more than 60 countries. IKEA Malaysia is part of Ikano Retail, one of 12 IKEA franchisees and the only one owned by the family of Ingvar Kamprad, who founded IKEA in 1943.
IKEA Malaysia creates a better everyday life by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low, that as many people as possible can afford them. Ikano Handel Sdn. Bhd. owns and operates four omnichannel stores in Malaysia, including IKEA Damansara, IKEA Cheras, IKEA Tebrau and IKEA Batu Kawan. To learn more, visit IKEA.my
You will lead, develop, and inspire the Com&In team and other functions in the store in increasing the home furnishing interest of the many people and creating demand for home furnishing solutions and know how in the local market. You are accountable for the store layout, range presentation and store communication thereby contributing to positioning the IKEA brand as the leader in life at home.
- Lead and inspire the store communication & Interior design team to use knowledge of IKEA home furnishing and people's life at home to grow the business.
- Partnering with the store manager to stimulate and increase interest in home furnishing for all co- workers in the store.
- Be the creative leader by initiating and facilitating workshops to generate creative directions. Secure vitality and seasonality in the store by creating and implementing a store commercial calendar together with the store management team.
- Lead the store communication & Interior design team in securing relevant and inspiring range presentation solutions, an optimal store layout and effective and efficient store communication that builds the IKEA Brand and distances IKEA retailers from the competition.
- Secure that the store commercial team has the right understanding of store layout, range presentation and store communication thereby contributing to the work method for range presentation.
- Contribute with knowledge of people's life at home and consumer shopping behaviour in the creation and implementation of the store business plan.
- Based on the national competence development plan, identify current and future business needs to recruit, develop, and retain a high performing and passionate store Communication & Interior design team.
- Lead and challenge the Communication & Interior design team to constantly take actions that exploit commercial opportunities both in the short and long term.
- Understand home furnishing the IKEA way (living situations, style groups, store communication, furnish with light).
- Able to present range presentation the IKEA way (layout as a commercial tool, store media, display techniques).
- Understand life at home in the local market and the outcome of market research, e.g., IKEA Brand Capital.
- Experienced in managing, inspiring, leading and developing people and creative processes in a changing environment.
- Experienced in visually expressing the brand identity of a company.
- Visual competence, including a keen eye for aesthetics.
- Proven customer-focused mindset.
- Demonstrate clear communication and coaching skills, i.e., the ability to explain verbally concepts and visual interpretation.
- Set and implement action plans, set expectations, provide clear direction, and follow up goals.
- Proven ability to prioritize and organize work and the work of others in order to make the most efficient use of time available and meet agreed goals and deadlines.
- Good analytical and strategic skills, including the ability to steer the store business over the short, mid, and long term.
You are invited to the Life at Home journey with IKEA. Click >>here* to begin your journey. Kindly note that your job application will be processed when you complete the assignment.
*If you can't access the link, please go to the original job posting at Smart Recruiter.
Working with us has its rewards
Wherever you work within IKEA Southeast Asia, you enjoy a wide range of benefits. Here are just some of them:
Co-workers are our most values customers and are entitled to a 15% discount on any home furnishings and food sold in our stores, from the first day of work.
We offer flexi benefits to cater our co-workers who are in different life stages with differing benefits needs. Within an annual Flexible Spending Account, co-workers can claim against dental, optical, fitness memberships or classes, vaccination or immunisation, non-insured outpatient medical expenses, health screenings, health supplements, IKEA purchases, health aid & equipment and mental health.
Maternity and paternity leave
We give mother four consecutive months of maternity leave and father receives four weeks of paid time off after a baby has arrived to help share the joys – and responsible – at home.
We enjoy special occasions together and give tokens to mark birthdays, marriage, the arrival of a baby. We reward loyalty through our Long Service Awards/
As home furnish experts, we take pride in providing inspiring workplaces that showcase IKEA products and create a relaxed, open atmosphere where we work side by side.
All co-workers may earn an annual financial reward when we meet our shared business objectives.
All co-workers are given free parking.
Please apply by 31 December 2023.