WHY WE WILL LOVE YOU
We are looking for a passionate Senior Systems Engineer who strives for engineering excellence and excels in constantly changing environments. You are excited about systems architecture, modern technologies (PaaS offerings and cloud native technologies), innovative ways of working (cross-functional, autonomous, agile) and you want to take part in shaping the future of IKEA!
As a person you have a proven ability to develop high quality digital services using and applying good practices. You have a curious nature, and actively acquire new knowledge and skills, using them to champion new methods and processes to improve performance. On the same side you are happy to share your knowledge and help everyone around you to grow as individual engineers and strong engineering teams.
You will become part of the Cloud Technologies Kubernetes team and contribute to the growth of the area. We are on a journey to assist our consumers by providing container solutions that meets their needs both on-prem as well as on public cloud enabling them to gain speed, reliability, scalability and security in their application deliveries.
To succeed as a Senior Systems Engineer, you will ideally have experience in several of the following areas:
• Extensive knowledge and experience in Kubernetes, container technologies as well as other GCP services & offerings
• Experience with architecture concepts such as microservices, event driven architecture and cloud native technologies
• Solid background and competence in Linux, networking, storage and compute
• Experience with Cloud architecture and services to support on-prem / hybrid environments
• Extensive knowledge in coding, preferably in Python or Go and familiarity with GitOps methodology
• Experience in writing Kubernetes Operators and CRD’s
The Senior Systems Engineer we are looking for should have:
• High attention to detail in everything you do
• Passion for operational excellence and an interest in development processes
• Passion for technology and willing to learn and to share
• Communication skills needed in an “all-remote” working environment
• Passion for open-source technologies and contribute back to the community
• You will be working physically and/or virtually in a fully empowered agile team.
• You will be a part of the team responsible for designing and delivering well designed, secure and scalable cloud solutions to support consumers across IKEA digital groups.
Among many tasks you will:
• Develop and operate a managed Kubernetes platform for hundred+ teams
• Develop and automate changes to be rolled out in our GitOps workflow, using tools like ArgoCD & Terraform
• Continuously monitor and improve our environments using tools like Prometheus, Grafana and Slack-bots
• Develop integration tools in an enterprise environment for this platform
• Improve the monitoring stack by following latest trends and standards
• Support and guide development-teams in container/k8s technologies
• Be part of/lead troubleshooting sessions with other infrastructure teams to resolve critical incidents
• Be prepared to dig deep into our technology stack and have a lot of fun on the way
TOGETHER AS A TEAM
We’re a small team consisting of around 6 people. We are quite autonomous, self-organizing and self-sufficient in many ways, which means part of our daily work is to define how we get things done together. We are based in southern Sweden on three locations and we have a hybrid work policy.
We are passionate about our consumer needs, where fast feedback is enabled by automation, A/B testing and data analysis. Anyone on our team can come up with ideas on things to work on. Such ideas often lead to a few people teaming up to create a first prototype and releasing it as an A/B test to learn if the idea is good or not. After analyzing the test results further decisions are made.
We value development speed and fast feedback, and we are responsible for the things we build throughout the whole life-cycle, which means operations is an important part of our work.
QUESTIONS AND SUPPORT?
The role is based in Malmö, Helsingborg or Älmhult and you will report to the Engineering Manager of the Cloud Technologies Hybrid/Private team.
For more information about the role, reach out to the hiring manager: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions about the recruitment process, please reach out to tech recruiter Ashurina Aorahim at email@example.com.
We will be interviewing continuously and are looking forward to hearing from you!
At IKEA, you’re welcome no matter where you come from, what you believe, and what you look like. We don’t even care how you have furnished your home. We’re interested in you simply because you’re you. Our different views, backgrounds, and personalities make us better understand our customers, give us more fun at work and spark more and better ideas. Perhaps your unique take on something could lead to a great idea that creates a better everyday life for the many people.