Veröffentlichungsdatum: 12/02/2024Why we will love you
You have a passion for technology and innovation, it makes you appreciate the mix of actions and strategic thinking, turning architecture into
practice. You have a product-centric mindset, are open to change and get energized working both independently and interdependently. You share and live the IKEA culture and values.
To be successful as a Technology Architect you have proven advanced education in information technology, computer science or equivalent. We believe you have a minimum of 5 years of experience in product and engineering organizations where you have had proven a Domain Architecture responsibility stretches across multiple products and coexists with legacy in the Technology Landscape. You are experienced in developing service architectures that are cloud-native, and event-driven and apply an API First approach. You have worked with Open Source and automation in delivering software. In addition, we also believe you have a deep understanding in Enterprise Architecture and how to keep a technology architecture together across a Product Area in the Technology landscape within in the retail business and how to modernize its existing legacy.
We see that you have a strategic and holistic mindset being able to define the future state of the assigned domain as well as:
• You will be able to synthesize and incorporate key cross-functional perspectives – customer experience, operational efficiency, regulatory,
security and privacy considerations while designing solutions.
• Influence decisions at several levels of the company – from Sub-domain to engineering by providing clarity on what tools, patterns, and
directions to accelerate delivery.
• Drive architecture work in a technology landscape that has multi-generational legacy products - Reduce waste through rationalization and
• Develop architectures for massive internet scale
• Solve deep technical problems in a landscape transforming with several business models
• Drive common purpose across diverse stakeholders
• Set long-term strategic direction and manage its trade-offs
• Deep knowledge of Enterprise Architecture, omnichannel, and retailing in the context of Marketing and Martech.
• Experience having worked with domain architecture in a product and engineering organization
• Ability to effectively communicate with stakeholders on complex technical concepts and topics to technical and non-technical stakeholders
• The ability to collaborate with marketing, data & analytics, and the various product teams to drive business strategies and outcomes
• Deep understanding of various marketing technologies, including CRM systems, marketing automation platforms, Content Management,
Advertising tech, and analytics tools.
• Familiarity with MarTech tools that include content management, product management, measuring social media tools, user-generated
content, search engine marketing, SEO optimization tools, and campaign management to enable business-to-business and business-to-customer relationships
• Expertise in integrating the different marketing technologies and systems to enable seamless Marketing/CRM/Personalization activities
• Experience with one of the enterprise marketing tech platforms (such as Adobe, Salesforce, Oracle, Google, etc.)
• Expertise in applied knowledge of marketing concepts and customer journeys to help align marketing technology solutions with marketing
goals, strategies, & objectives plus map the alignment to the organization's business strategy.
As a person, you are a good collaborator, have strong leadership skills leading architecture work and work with diverse stakeholders. You pay attention to detail and actively acquire new knowledge, skills and champion new methods to improve performance in deliveries. You possess knowledge across a range of different technology stacks, ideally applied within a retail sector, and can change direction based on new ideas, approaches and strategies
As a Technology Architect, you will develop the technology architecture landscape across IKEA and be part of setting the course with sound engineering/architecture through principles and standards that enable guidance for teams. By influencing decisions across multiple levels you make sure to set and drive the future architecture across both legacy and digital products (at scale). Your personality allows you to balance a common purpose amongst a diverse set of stakeholders to ensure reaching both short- and long-term goals.
In this role, you are:
• Responsible for driving and developing the system architecture across design, build, engineering and implementation of technical solutions and capabilities, providing technical leadership, and long-range planning to align technology to business objectives ensuring the best fit within the larger IKEA ecosystem.
• Responsible for defining the future architecture direction for the assigned domain, the coexistence with legacy, and leverage domain-driven design to define boundaries of the products and its respective capabilities.
• Responsible for defining the information flow between products and legacy within an area and across the landscape. Ability to diagnose and solve problems effectively, especially in the context of marketing technology integrations and data flow challenges.
• Recommend and evolve the Martech architecture by being adaptable and staying connected to the industry trends
• Provide the architecture perspective on prioritizations in a sub-domain context, its consequences and impact to reach the Sub-domain strategies and outcomes
• Drive and develop the architecture runway view for Martech with deliberate consideration of the long-term implication of technology choices and the strategic vision for the evolution of the marketing technology
• Develop the Enterprise Architecture practices and architecture guardrails used in our product teams along with being a champion of innovation
and engineering excellence culture
• Understanding the importance of data security & critical data privacy regulations when implementing measures to protect sensitive customer
information in the context of marketing technologies.
• Document and communicate architectural vision, technical strategies, enterprise solutions, critical decisions, and trade-offs to gain buy-in
• You participate in acquisition activities including technical guidance and assessments from a technology landscape perspective
• Drive the implementation of the Insights platform to enable personalization and measure the efficiency of content performance
About this work area
We set the digital agenda to keep IKEA leading in an uncertain and fast-moving environment. We drive the development, provision and operation of our digital products and services through the use of new and existing technology and agile delivery methods to deliver at pace. At the same time, we provide a home for digital skills to both develop and extend the technical, people and business skills needed to ensure continuous development and growth of our digital capability.
In our team, we love puzzles and are always looking for ways to make things smarter, safer and more user-friendly. We all come from different backgrounds and together we enable efficient product development and production through innovative engineering. Of course, we also make sure that our products live up to the highest standards of quality, design, function, price and sustainability. In this role, you will report to the Enterprise Architect.
Questions and support? Let's connect!
If you have questions about the recruitment process or other practicalities please get in touch with Recruiter Annette Björkquist-Åhstedt at Annette.firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome with your application!