Veröffentlichungsdatum: 05/02/2024Company description
The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. We operate in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand – and have an ambitious expansion plan to bring a little bit of Sweden to new markets in the region. We are part of the Ikano Group of companies and the only IKEA franchisee owned by the Kamprad family that founded IKEA.
We also develop, own and operate Shopping Centres that are anchored by IKEA and create walkable communities by including residential, office and other types of real estate in our development plans.
We work towards making sustainability a natural part of our everyday work. We are active in our communities, driving and supporting social initiatives that benefit children, women and the environment.
About the job
The job involves serving as a Subject Matter Expert to manage all Property-related matters in Ikano Retail (Southeast Asia and Mexico regions). The focus is to ensure the efficient and effective operations of our properties, adhering to standards and objectives. Responsibilities include overseeing maintenance, long-term planning, implementing innovative solutions, promoting operational excellence, coordinating climate transition initiatives, and collaborating with the Expansion team for new properties.
The role will be based in Mexico and serve as a Subject-Matter-Expert in Property-related matters within the Region. We're seeking a mature, independent and skilled Property Management Specialist to represent our team on Property-related committees and working groups in the region.
Strategic Planning and Global Delivery:
- Deliver annual Objectives and Main Actions for the Asset & Property Management team worldwide.
- Lead and support the planning and execution of Climate Transition Plan initiatives in the region.
- Collaborate with stakeholders for planning, financing, and execution of different Property & Sustainability initiatives.
Property Management and Innovation:
- Ensure lifelong property management prioritizing safety, compliance, and improvements.
- Lead and coordinate Unit FMs to ensure the execution of Property Management services.
- Drive regional implementation of Property Management innovations and digital solutions.
Operational Excellence and Maintenance:
- Foster operational excellence and maintain properties in "shape as new" condition.
- Oversee forecasts, budgets, 5/10-year rolling property plans, and related tasks across all sites.
- Collaborate with the Expansion team in the design and handover of new properties.
- Conduct annual Property reviews and periodic audits for compliance, efficiency, and quality.
- Drive country-based regional frameworks and service agreements for efficiency and cost management.
Communication and Reporting:
- Ensure awareness of Property frameworks, guidelines, and tools among stakeholders.
- Ensure Monthly KPIs Reports are delivered from each Unit and contribute to ongoing development.
Team Development and Support:
- Support Unit FM team's competence, performance, resource management, and succession planning.
- Provide training and workshop support for Unit FMs and stakeholders in the Region.
Emergency Management and Cultural Integration:
- Support crisis and emergency management, including contingency plans and mitigation.
- Cultivate an IKEA culture embracing diversity among co-workers and customers.
Ad-hoc Tasks and Project Management:
Handle exciting ad-hoc tasks and projects as part of a dynamic team.
- Academic degree / professional qualification in Real Estate, Asset Management, Project Management, Construction Management, Facilities Management, or a related field.
- 10+ years of relevant experience in Property & Asset Management, Facility Management, Project Management, or Construction engineering.
- 5+ years of experience in Procurement and Contract/Vendor management.
- Proven experience in leading and managing multi-site projects in an international environment.
- Knowledge of Property/FM management principles, practices, and business processes.
- Experience in sustainability aspects in Real Estate/Property Management. (energy consumption, water consumption, emissions, waste management, chemical products, etc)
- Fluency in English and relevant local languages.
- High-level technical understanding and experience in all aspects of a commercial real estate building and connected equipment.
Please apply by January 31, 2024.